If you read my last blog entry, you already know that I think my sister is awesome. She did SO MUCH to help me with the nursery this past weekend. On top of that, every other family member I have jumped in and helped too — how lucky can one mom-to-be be?
Let’s recap! Here is what the nursery looked like on Friday…
Here is what the nursery looks like today…
But I’m totally getting ahead of myself. Here is how the “after” picture happened.
1. My husband removed every gift from their gift bags. He moved all the gifts into our guest room so we could actually see them. He cut off every tag. This is huge people. If you’ve never had to cut the tags off baby socks then consider yourself blessed. Those baby socks tags (there seem to be 5 of those plastic thingys per sock pair — per pair!) have made me say things that no child in the womb should have to hear. And him cutting them all off made me want to marry my husband all over again.
2. While my mother-in-law and I attended another awesome baby shower for me, my husband and my father-in-law spent their Saturday putting shelves in the closet. This opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me! Now, instead of having no room — I have plenty of extra room! It’s awesome. Once I saw what they had done, I almost cried. Over closet shelves. Hormonal much?
3. My mom, sister and Matilda came on Monday. My sister is a master organizer and immediately went to work. She knew exactly where everything in the baby room should go! Magic. My mom watched Matilda for her while she worked. And then, when Rachel had to feed Matilda, we put my mom to work — by making her show us what it would look like with 5 pieces of artwork above the closet. I don’t know if you can tell, but she ran out of hands and had to use her head to hold one of them up. After all that work, we decided we’d go ahead and let her hang them up there.
4. Rachel, Rachel, Rachel. Thank you for making my closet and the whole room make sense. I almost cried again once I saw this. Maybe I just have a thing for closets.
5. Matilda tried everything out. We really needed a baby’s perspective on how things were working out. We felt like it seemed good — but what do we know? Matilda is the expert. And she smiled and laughed! Although, she smiles all the time so…maybe she’s not the best judge.
6. My sister commissioned her friend to make me the most awesome mobile ever. And I love it. It is amazing and beautiful and I cannot say enough about how much it means to me. I know it took Amanda a long time to do and it is just perfect. LOVE it.
I am one happy momma! I’m ready for my little punk.