Tom likes to play a new game called “Buttons.”
How do you play buttons?
1. You ask me to give you my ginormous jar of buttons by saying, “Buttons! Buttons! Buttons!”
2. I get you my buttons, and a couple of my pots and pans.
3. I tell you not to throw them on the floor on purpose.
4. You are a toddler, so that means nothing to you.
5. You spend 10 minutes putting them in the pots and pans, and sometimes you stir them with a big strainer spoon thing I’ve never used.
6. You spend 5 FUN minutes flinging them all across the floor while I yell, “Stop! No! Stop that!”
7. You laugh at me.
8. Buttons is over. You know it, but don’t care. You go play trains.
9. I spend 20 minutes picking up buttons.
10. I get buttons stuck on my feet for days afterward.
Doesn’t that sound awesome?! It is.
For some reason I still let him play Buttons every day.
Which just proves what you’ve already suspected.
I’m a looney.
(These photos are staged and do not accurately portray the insanity that is “Buttons.”)