A {Monster-Themed} Birthday Party.

This weekend my sister threw a monster-themed birthday party for her children, Matilda and Gus.

Matilda turned 3 and Gus turned 1.

Can you believe that?

Me neither.

The party was spectacular (of course!) and amazing (of course!) and totally awesome in every way.

I don’t know about you, but finding a theme that would work for a 3-year-old girl and a 1-year-old boy would be kind of daunting — but this party?  Perfect!

We had a blast!

And so did Matilda and Gus.

(And universe?  Still totally unfair that Rach got all the artistic talent!  I mean, couldn’t you at least make it to where I could draw *something*?  Anything?  No?  Fine, then!)

Here is some of what Rachel did for this totally cute party!

This happy monster was one of three that lined the walkway into the house!

The balloon wreath with eyeballs added to match the theme!

Food table!

I loved the monster artwork on the wall behind the food table. So cute!

There are pictures of both Matilda and Gus throughout the year up there.

Game time!

Beanbag toss. Tom just “fed the monsters” the beanbags — which he loved.

Monster cups!

Lollypops.

Cute utensil holders made out of tissue boxes.

Cupcakes!

A cake for Gus and a cake for Matilda.

Party favors!

Gus showing off his monster shirt!

The happy (monster) family (minus napping Gus)!

The party was awesome, and even though it was a slightly warm 109 degrees – it was still totally great and Rachel really outdid herself!

Who knew monsters could be so cute?!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Family, Parties and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to A {Monster-Themed} Birthday Party.

1. Pingback: Bits: Monster Party Weekend. |

2. redkeeney says:

Rachel’s part skills are good…. like, crazy good.

3. redkeeney says:

oops… that’s was supposed to be party, obviously. But I’m sure she parts well too.

4. Kristina says:

She is way too good! Everything looks amazing!

5. Victoria says:

Love love love the party. Rachel is amazing!

6. Chloe says:

Hope you don’t mind, I’ve Pinned a couple of these ideas for my daughter’s upcoming Monster party! Please let me know if you don’t want them on my board – and thanks for posting! xx

7. Andrea says:

Where did you purchase the different colored plates and napkins?

8. Jackie says:

Could you tell me where she got the monster mouth props?

9. Dawn says:

Love all of it! Where did you get the monster artwork?

• loveandkate says:

Hey Dawn! My sister actually DREW those. Can you believe it? I know. Makes me sick, too. I did ask her if she got inspiration from anywhere and she said she did a google search for monster clip art and got the ideas from all over. I hope that helps!